Harting – Harting Demos
Muchas veces escribo de como muchos grupos reflejan juventud y aventura en sus canciones, esta es la primera banda que además de reflejarlo, en verdad lo es. Harting, un quarteto que tiene disponible un demo de dos canciones completamente gratuito desde su Bandcamp. Uno le da play al cursor de la página y escucha un sonido estructurado, con idea y con buen uso del instrumento. La verdad, es que los jóvenes detrás de ese cursor tienen tan sólo la edad de 16 años, a excepción de uno de ellos.
Tratando de averiguar más sobre Harting, le comenté a Fletcher Pearce si podría contestar unas preguntas, algo estilo una ciber-entrevista. Él aceptó. La entrevista fue en Inglés así que ésto los ayudará a practicarlo. O bien pueden usar el traductor.
Wich is the name of all you guys and how old are you?
- We’re 16 and 17 years old. Sam Lillicrap ,Sam Murray and Luke Steele 16, Fletcher Pearce 17
Who plays wich instruments?
- Sam L: Drums + backing vocal
Fletch: Vocals and guitar
Luke: Lead guitar
Sam M (Mule): bass guitar
Where are you from and wich is your current location?
- We say we’re based around Brighton (UK) cause we all live in different places but we’re from Hailsham Lewes and Eastbourne.
How did you met and start the band?
- I’ve (fletch) known Luke ever since he was born, like a family friend type thing and him (Luke) and Sam met at junior school and played together for a bit, then Luke asked me to come along. we were a three piece for a while, then I moved schools and met Sam M, I asked him to learn bass and he did, and now he’s in the band too.
You’ve been compared with great bands like The Maccabees, how does that makes you feel?
- The fact that we’ve been compared to bands like The Maccabees, who are at such a high stature, is very nice and promising. But we’d like to be able to branch off into our own sound rather than just be compared to other bands. Which is what were doing now, trying to find our sound.
Do you consider music as a hobby or as a job?
- We started it off as a hobby and it still is really, but if we’d ever have the chance to do it as a job, I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t turn it down.
What comes to your mind when you hear the word wild?
Do you have any message to our readers?
Thanks for reading, hope you like what you hear if you check us out. Well be recording new material at the end of the summer, so look out for them tunes !! cheers x